Dog Neutering Dubai , Abudhabi and Sharjah
We recommend you neuter your pet. Neutering has many health benefits for your pet. It can prevent them from developing serious health issues in the future, such as certain types of disease – a life-threatening infection of the womb. Whether you own a dog, cat or rabbit, neutering can help your pet to live longer and enjoy a better quality of life.
At Canadian Veterinary Clinic, we offer spaying and neutering services for cats and dogs. Spaying or neutering can only be decided after visiting the veterinarian since checkup needs to be conducted prior to decide if the pet is in good health for the operation to be completed. Our veterinarians will be able to assist you further with regards to the process.
Neutering also stops your pet from having unwanted litters – leaving you with the associated costs and the responsibility of finding loving homes.
Neutering your dog
The benefits of neutering your dog include:
For female dogs:
• Reduces her chances of developing breast cancer.
• Prevents her from developing a potentially life-threatening infection of the womb called pyometra.
• Makes her more even tempered as she won’t have the hormonal changes of being in season.
• Female dogs often benefit most by having the operation when they are around 6 months old
• Certain giant or large breeds might benefit from waiting until they are slightly older. Your vet or vet nurse can tell you the right time for your individual dog.
• The operation will take around 1 hour and she’ll will need to recover at home for about 2 weeks.
For male dogs:
• Stops him from developing testicular cancer.
• Reduces his risk of developing prostate disease.
• Can help reduce some types of aggression – your vet can give you advice about your dog’s behaviour.
• Means he’s less likely to get an aggressive response when he meets other dogs
• He’ll be less likely to roam and go missing from home
• Reduces behaviour like urine marking and humping
• Male dogs are usually fine to be neutered at 6 months old unless they are a giant or large breed, in which case they may benefit from doing it slightly later. Ask your vet when the right time is for your dog.
• The operation lasts around 30 minutes and he’ll need to recover at home for about 10 days.
Neutering and Cat Spaying in Dubai
We recommend cats are neutered at 4 months old as this is the age when they can get pregnant. Waiting until they are 5 or 6 months of age could result in an unwanted litter of kittens.
If you have more than one cat it’s really important to get them neutered, even if they’re related. Many people don’t know that brothers, sisters and parents will produce kittens if they live together unneutered.
The other benefits of neutering your cat include:
For female cats:
• It stops her from developing cancer of the womb or ovaries.
• It prevents pyometra – a serious and potentially life-threatening womb infection
• It will stop her from coming into ‘heat’ every 6 months, which can cause behavioural changes and stress for your cat.
• The operation will last around 30 minutes and she’ll recover at home in about 10 days.
For male cats:
• It makes him less likely to fight other cats – reducing his chances of getting feline AIDS (FIV) which is spread through cat bites.
• He’ll be less likely to roam and go missing or be hit by a car.
• He will be less likely to spray urine in your home.
• His urine won’t smell as strongly as an unneutered male cat.
• He’ll be less likely to have aggressive behaviour problems associated with testosterone – the hormone produced by the testicles.
• The operation will last about 10 minutes and he should recover at home within 2-3 days.