All You Need to Know About Pets’ Diet
If you are concerned about your pet’s health in Dubai, it could be complex to understand the ingredients and the requirements of your pet. A cat requires different nutrients than a dog and the expert pet clinic in Dubai can let you make the right decision for the same. The best way to understand the pet requires to discuss it with your practitioner.
- Pets require dietary protein: Protein is the biggest source of energy and these acids help your pet’s body to perform biological functions. There is a total of 20 amino acids out of which 10 are essential for dogs and 11 for cats. Amino acids need to be included in the pet’s diet as these are not produced in the body naturally. Diet proteins come from many sources, such as fish, meat, and poultry that can be provided to the pet, as directed by their doctor.
- Carbohydrates promote GI health: Carbohydrates in the diet include fiber, starch, sugar, and the other ingredients that are obtained from potatoes, peas, lentils, and garbanzo beans. The digestive system of the pet works perfectly with these carbohydrates. Fiber is added to diets for giving a fullness to the pet’s stomach and they are not tempted to munch in between the meals. In some cases, the doctors suggest supplementary fiber for maintaining a healthy excretory system.
- Cats are carnivores: Amino acids are very important for cats, mainly arginine and taurine. These are important for maintaining the digestive, cardiac, and sense organs health of the pets. Plants can’t provide enough amino acids for pets and they can’t survive on the complete veg diets as their body require 26% protein. This is the reason that cat and dog food should be separate, and cats must not be served dog food.
- Fats are the concentrated energy source: Dietary fats come from animal fats and seed oils requiring for proper functioning and structure. Fats provide fatty acids that are not produced by the body sufficiently. The texture and flavor of the food are enhanced by the fats. Too many fats could be disadvantageous. Pets should not be fed with table foods that are high in fat content as it can create issues like pancreatitis (inflammation of the pancreas). Fats are higher in calories and could cause obesity in some pets. The animal specialist clinic in Dubai can give you the guidelines regarding the fat requirements of your pet.
- Proteins can cause food allergies: The commonness of food allergies in the pets under the observation of veterinarians is 1-2% only. The pet itchiness can be caused by fleas or environmental allergies.
- No extra vitamins required for pets: The diets approved by the Association of American Feed Control Officials (AAFCO) or passing the required animal feeding trials must be complete and balanced with the vitamins and minerals of your pet requirements.
- Cats are lactose intolerant: Cow’s milk is difficult to digest for the cats. Most of the cats can’t digest milk properly and a few may be fine with milk. The intolerance might cause diarrhea and vomiting in some cats.
If you are concerned about your pet’s health in Dubai and are looking for the top animal specialist clinic in Dubai, Canadian Veterinary Clinic might be the most suitable option for you. They are experts in handling dogs and cats and can give you towards managing a balanced diet for your pet. The pet parents can feel secured by making their pets treated at our pet clinic in Dubai. You can discuss the questions or concerns about your pet’s health or nutrition with
our expert veterinarian at our veterinary clinic in Abu Dhabi. Apart from the pet treatments, Canadian VC also provides pet vaccination in Dubai for your lovable family pets. They will guide the required treatment and medication for the pets in case of any sickness or disease onset. We treat your pet in a caring way and give them a feeling of love and affection that could make you feel delighted with our services. We know how important your pets are for your family and hence, treat them in the way you anticipate from a learned practitioner.